Install the two required Sideview Apps
Once the index is created, continue installing the two Sideview apps. You don’t need to be a Splunk expert to do this.
- Log into Splunk. You will see Apps on the left-hand side. Click the gear icon next to that, to go to the Manage Apps page.
- Then click the Browse More Apps button.
- Use the textbox in the top left to search for Canary, and when you see Sideview’s Canary app it should have a button next to it saying Install.
- Click the Install button.
- Next, do the same to find our Cisco CDR Reporting and Analytics app, and click Install again.
- If it asks you to restart Splunk, do so.
Note (1): If Browse More Apps does not work, for instance, because you are on an air-gapped network or if Splunkbase integration is disabled. That’s fine. Just go to the Splunkbase page for Canary and download it as a a .tgz file, then do the same for Cisco CDR Reporting and Analytics. Assuming your account is a Splunk admin, you can install them by going to the Manage Apps page and clicking Install App From File.
Note (2): If instead of Install it says View on Splunkbase, this means your Splunk user account does not have the ability to install new apps. Engage the help of your local Splunk admin team.
Note (3): If you’re using Splunk Cloud and it says you cannot install our apps, contact us, because it means.… something is wrong. Our apps are approved for Splunk Cloud, so we will investigate and reach out to the Cloud folks and get you going.