Version 1.1.2 (April 15th, 2021)
- Sideview Utils is no longer required on Splunk 7.X, but Canary is now always required on both Splunk 7.X and 8.X.
- ciscoaxlquery command now will detect errors that say ‘request is too large’ and break the query into smaller queries using skip+limit syntax, merging the results and returning a single unified result automatically.
- Default expression blacklist for ciscoaxlquery now checks for word boundaries before, reducing false positive matches.
- Canonical example query to pull devices information from AXL now includes two new fields – “className” and “subclassName”.
Version 1.1.1 (March 22nd, 2021)
- Added a new optional key to the ciscoaxl.conf, “timeout”. This sets the SOAP read timeout in seconds, and it defaults to 600.
Version 1.1 (December 11th, 2020)
- Support for connecting to multiple UCM nodes has been broadened such that you can now connect to AXL interface on multiple hosts even if the hosts have different UCM versions. To do this you use a new optional key in ciscoaxl.conf called “wsdl_subdirectory”. This defaults to “bin” and while that remains the default choice for placing the AXLAPI.wsdl and AXLSoap.xsd files, you can now override it per stanza. You can set it to any other subdirectory or path within the SA_cisco_cdr_axl_app (such as “bin/11.5” or “wsdl/12.5” etc), and for that stanzas’ SOAP connection ti will use the wsdl/xsd files it files in the given subdirectory.
Version 1.0.1 (November 6th, 2020)
- Fixed a bug where the form to create a new credential would fail to set the password in splunk’s storage passwords system, and the user would have to post the password a second time in “update existing credentials” before it would get set.
- The old macro for ‘generate_rows_for_devices_lookup’ has been superseded by a much better and more complete saved search called ‘get_devices_example’. To implement,
- Find the search “get_devices_example” in “Searches, Reports and Alerts” and clone it.
- Run the cloned search manually and confirm it returns good results.
- Edit that cloned search, append `| outputlookup devices` to the end of the search and save it.
- Edit the schedule of the cloned search to run on a periodic schedule (perhaps once per night?)
Version 1.0 (June 26th, 2020)
- The app now contains a simple UI that can be used to enter auth information. Specifically the hosts, ports, usernames and passwords required to connect to AXL on CUCM nodes. Furthermore the passwords are now stored in Splunk’s password storage instead of being written in plaintext in the ciscoaxl.conf file
- Various logging improvements.
- Raised the minimum required version of the Canary app to 1.3.1, and minimum version of Splunk to 7.0
- Updated the commands to specify that Splunk should run them in python3
Version 0.9.2 (September 19th, 2019)
- Some fixes for when the app is running in the Canary UI.
- Added a key to server.conf so that when admins update the sideview license
on any Clustered Search Head, that license change will be propagated to the
other SHC members.
Version 0.9.1 (August 14th, 2019)
- Screened some confusing error messages out of the update_license page.
- improvements to exception handling in cases where the connection is
misconfigured or the wsdl/xsd files are wrong.
Version 0.9 (August 2nd, 2019)
- improvements to how available method names are returned from | ciscoaxl help
- Python code cleanup to work with both Python2.7 and Python 3
Version 0.8 (June 2019)
- App now contains its own licensing and license enforcement mechanism, as well
as a simple user interface to update said license.
Version 0.7.2 (May 2019)
- If methodwhitelist or queryblacklist are ever set to blank values, then the
ciscoaxl command and the ciscoaxlquery commands respectively will refuse to
run, due to there being a risk that the blank key is unintentional and the
result of a misconfiguration.
Version 0.7.1 (April 30th, 2019)
- Updating the SOAP client code to pass an Authentication header that is
required if SAML SSO is configured. This change still seems to work in
“normal” UCM configurations though, so enabling this for all cases.
Version 0.7 (April 25th, 2019)
- Fixed a problem where sometimes ciscoaxl command would throw an exception
if no results came back from soap, instead of just returning 0 results.
Version 0.6 (April 10th, 2019)
- Added EXEC, EXECUTE, and PUT to the default queryblacklist regex.
- improved exception handling and messaging around common misconfiguration
cases where the app cannot connect to the host, or where auth is rejected.
- Added exception handling where if the whitelist or blacklist fails to parse
as a regex at all or throws an unexpected exception the commands fail.