Single, Standalone Splunk Server
These instructions are for it you have set up Splunk on a single host system. In this case, your single Splunk server software will act as Indexer (where the data gets stored), Search Head (the ‘run a search’ part of Splunk), and separate software on that same host will act as the SFTP server for the CUCM data.
- ON YOUR SPLUNK HOST, Set up and configure an SFTP server.
- “Host” means the physical server or virtual machine.
- Here are some pointers/tips for Windows or for Linux
- ON YOUR SPLUNK SERVER, Install the two Sideview apps
- Manage Apps, Browse for more apps, then search for and install these:
- Restart your Splunk server after the last one is installed. (If you do it in the above order, the last install will ask you to do so).
- ON YOUR SPLUNK SERVER, Install a trial license key (or full production key) in our app
- IN CUCM, add a new Billing Server entry pointing to your SFTP server.
- See our Call Manager Configuration documentation, complete those steps and come back here.
- Confirm that the server is actually saving files on the SFTP server in the location expected! (This might take a few minutes depending on call volume).
- ON YOUR SPLUNK SERVER, set up the data inputs
- In the Cisco CDR Reporting and Analytics app, click Setup >Set up data inputs
- Follow the wizard’s prompts to select the appropriate folder.
Once you’ve made it through those, you should be able to start searching data.
- Important – Configure your clusters. This should only take a few seconds and will ensure external numbers are parsed properly and provide location information.
- Sites – Add IP address ranges to identify sites, see cross-site call volume, and to optionally enable mapping to work for your own infrastructure.
- Groups – Track calls by ‘groups’ of people – ‘groups’ being whatever you’d like to define as a mapping of groups, subgroups, and names to extensions. Use it to report on your sales team, help desk or to build your own mini call center.
If you have any comments at all about the documentation, please send it in to email@example.com.