These instructions are for it you have set up Splunk with a single server, but will be using an external SFTP server. In this case, your single Splunk server will act as Indexer (where the data gets stored), Search Head (the ‘run a search’ part of Splunk), and as the SFTP server for the CUCM data.
- ON YOUR SFTP SERVER HOST, configure the SFTP server software.
- ON YOUR SFTP SERVER, Install and configure the universal forwarder.
- ON YOUR SPLUNK SERVER, Install the two Sideview apps
- Manage Apps, Browse for more apps, then search for and install these:
- Restart your Splunk server after the last one is installed. (If you do it in the above order, the last install will ask you to do so).
- ON YOUR SPLUNK SERVER, Install a trial license key (or full production key) in our app
- IN CUCM, add a new Billing Server entry pointing to your SFTP server.
- See our Call Manager Configuration documentation, complete those steps and come back here.
- If there are no empty Billing Server slots left, please contact us to discuss how to share a billing server entry with another app. There are details to be aware of.
- Because our inputs read the files and immediately deletes them, to confirm please stop the Splunk forwarder for a few minutes and check the folder where the files should be saved. You should see a few show up in there.
- Start the Splunk Forwarder again and within a few minutes the files should disappear.
Once you’ve made it through those, you should be able to start searching data.
- Important – Configure your clusters. This should only take a few seconds and will ensure external numbers are parsed properly and provide location information.
- Sites – Add IP address ranges to identify sites, see cross-site call volume, and to optionally enable mapping to work for your own infrastructure.
- Groups – Track calls by ‘groups’ of people – ‘groups’ being whatever you’d like to define as a mapping of groups, subgroups, and names to extensions. Use it to report on your sales team, help desk or to build your own mini call center.
If you have any comments at all about the documentation, please send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.